Sunday, September 16, 2012

Marvel NOW! December solicits aren't doing quite as well.


The first wave of Marvel NOW! teasers really caught my eye, but so far this new set has not been doing its job. Not for me, at least.

The new Thunderbolts just looks boring to me. Daniel Way has never really been the best, and this new team looks simply awful. The only character I care about is Punisher, and he simply works better on his own.

Plus, the whole idea behind Thunderbolts is criminals in some sort of rehabilitation program, and none of these characters are really villains. Sure, they’re all somewhat on the cusp, but that’s not what this book should be. On a personal note, I’m pretty sick of Red Hulk, and doesn’t a general have better things to do than lead a squad made of a few anti-heroes?

Avengers Arena? Wow, another Battle Royale / Hunger Games but this time with children! Oh wait. Nevermind.

With the Superior teaser not fully explained, the only book that I’m even considering getting the first issue of is Cable and X-Force. In all honesty, it’s only because I like Dr. Nemesis so much (although I hate the redesign) and I’m somewhat fond of Colossus. I could not give a damn about Cable, regardless of how ’90s extreme he isn’t anymore.

Although writer Dennis Hopeless has said that he’s setting it up like a crime story, and I’ve always been a sucker any crime book. This book will get lots of love from me if Dr. Nemesis comes up with a wacky heist.

No comments: